During the night you are all about your business. Some of you may be traveling, sleeping, or engaged in a bloody battle. A thick gray mist flows like a stream all around you, until all you see is darkness. When you find your way out of the mist, you stand upon a muddy road in a land unfamiliar to you.
Dreadscar looks around the area as he is far from home and begins a search for a tavern.
Strangers stand before you, all looking as confused as you feel.
Xador adjusts his helmet and spear holding his shield up a little higher for a moment until he surveys the road and the strangers.
Mortikai gazed about with a look of muddled confusion, similar to that of a baby with a toy for the first time. Crossing his arms, he viewed about for a place to gather his thoughts and figure out where to go next. “By Kord’s whim I’ve stumbled upon this forest. What does he hath set forth for this weary warrior now?” He placed his hands subtly on his hips and gazed back at the others.
The night air is cold and a light mist still hangs in the air. Wispy clouds fill the air obscuring the full moon. Dark forest lies alongside the road. The baying of wolves can be heard in the distance.
- (( Perception checks pls ))*
(46811) Xusecer: [1d20] => 13 = (13)
(46817) Mortikai: [1d20+8] => [15,8] = (23)
(46812) Dreadscar: [1d20+2] => [7,2] = (9)
(46808) Xador: [1d20+8] => [13,8] = (21)
((All succeed against an easy DC 8))
A wagon or carriage can be heard approaching in the distance, though it is still a little ways off….
- Xador puts on his helmet **
- Mortikai glanced slightly in the direction of the incoming, albeit distant wheeled thing. “Gentleman, Perhaps we should ask this passerby where we are?” *
- Dreadscar nods. **
Bogdan Tihomir sits in the carriage giving a wary eye to the darkness. An intelligent servant of the Morninglord keeps an eye open to the darkness and the evil it can spawn.
Xador nods *
- Dreadscar: “Good day to all, I am Dreadscar and I am a Slayer and part of the Longtooth clan."
- Xusecer: “Hello Dreadscar, I’m Xusecer and I’m a noble from the Feywild”
- Dreadscar: “Well met."
- Mortikai is clad in fur-type hide armor. His skin seems to be just half a hue off from the very mud you stand on. His stature among them perhaps causes him to look down upon them. Not in distaste but due to actual height being over seven feet tall. "Well met Dreadscar, I am Mortikai, born a Goliath, bred to be a hearty Warden. I share no last name or clan affiliation as my family is a ways off. The tattoos on my face are my important identifying marks.” *
*Bogdan Tihomir looks to the elderly man in the carriage and says “Van Richten, I thank you again for giving me a ride in your carriage. One has much to fear when walking alone in Bavoria after nightfall. There is strength in numbers. I do hope we arrive at the village soon enough, for even in a carriage we should not tarry long after the blessed sun has fallen.”
*Mortikai inclines his head towards Dread and Xusecer. His face actually has two marked red triangles pointing downward. One that goes across his left eye which is slightly fatter, and the other which is a tad narrower which only clips the far corner of his right. *
Dr. Rudolph Van Richten “Aye, and equally lucky for you I wasn’t a gypsy. We should be there soon”
The carriage comes around a bend in the road and you can see it approaching. It travels at a good speed, though not at a sprint. It is being led by four black steeds. Someone sits atop it and urges the horses on. The light of a lantern escapes the carriages windows.
The carriage slows as it comes near you. Rudolph asks the driver to stop amongst you. Inside the carriage you see two men. One is an older gentleman and the other is a strong looking individual with dark brown eyes and a fair skin tone. He stands at a height of 5"10 and wears chain mail and has a symbol of a rising sun on his armor as well as a holy symbol that matches.
- Mortikai lifts a single hand slowly, yelling out towards the driver of the carriage. “Kord brings a moment of clarity for us. Sir if you please! Slow down your steeds as we need assistance.” *
*Dreadscar stands back as he does not know how the two men in the carriage would take to his appearance. *
Bogdan Tihomir: “Ah yes. Those Gypsy folk should be given a wide birth. Such dangerous powers they wield and I for one would not want to spark their ire.”
*Xusecer: “Kind sir would be kind enough to tell us where we are?"
Dr. Van Richten turns to Bogdan “Can you understand what they are saying?” The two men are speaking in a language that you cannot understand.
- Bogdan Tihomir looks to the people who approached the wagon, recognizing their tongue as Vassi. He speaks to them with an accented tongue, definitely showing that “Faerunian Common” isn’t his first language. “Ah, so you speak the Vassi tongue I see. What brings you so far from those lands to the lands of Bavoria may I ask?”
Dreadscar still stays in the back but his eyes meet the gaze of the man in the armor with the sun upon it. *
Bogdan Tihomir looks to Dreadscar, seeing his bestial features. He immediately pulls out his flail and yells “WERE-BEAST!” *
Mortikai looked down into the carriage. “I cannot speak for the other men here, but Kord has seemingly walked me through a mist. Now I stand before you aloft as to my own whereabouts.”
Dreadscar: “Good sir do not be so hasty, I am here to help.”
*Rudolph Van Richten pulls a dagger from his cloak. The dagger appears to be silvered *
- Bogdan Tihomir: “Look at his features! He’s got fangs and fur! He’s a Lycantrope I tell ya!”
- Mortikai raised his hands swiftly. “He is of the Longtooth. Do not be so quick to judge…please lower your weapons.” *
*Dreadscar pulls the great axe from his back. Even though he does not want confrontation, he is ready to fight. *
- Mortikai has left his falchion strapped to his back. **
- Dreadscar: “I will sheathe my axe, if you sheathe your weapons.”
- Bogdan Tihomir: He spits out and says "Longtooth? What is a “Longtooth”, some fanged were beast monster?"
- Mortikai: “It is a breed of warrior…as I am a Goliath.”
- Dreadscar: “A Longtooth is a Lion Shifter, I am not associated with Werewolves, they are murderers and have no respect towards humanity.”
- Bogdan Tihomir: “So a Were-Lion? Humph and why should we trust that even more than a Were-Wolf?”
- Inetor lifts his head from his kneeling position as he was in prayer to look around and see he is in a new land
- Bogdan Tihomir looks to the Drow. “And what’s wrong with your skin Elf? Did you paint it black to hide yourself in the darkness?” **
- Mortikai furrowed his brow slightly. “You have the word of Kord through my lips. He is of no threat. I put my honor on the line for such things.” He then looked behind him. “Should I meet dishonor in your falsification Longtooth, your skin shall be my compensation.” **
- Dreadscar: “Because I only harm those that harm me, I am not a heartless beast.”
- Bogdan Tihomir to Inetor: “Unless you’re one of the Shadow Fey.”
- Dreadscar nods in response to Mortikai **
- Inetor gives a hearty laugh to Bogdan “Ah I see Torm sees to test me in more ways than one.”
- Bogdan Tihomir: “Torm? Kord? What are these names you speak to me? I am a devoted servant of the Morninglord. All of you certainly are not of Bavoria, or even Vassa I suspect.”
- Dreadscar Prays to Tempus to protect him on his journey. **
- Mortikai gives a small glance at the blackened elf. “Ease your mind…and steady your tongue. We have enough to deal with.” Looked back to Bogdan. “Listen to me. We are stranded, simply emerging from some mystical or otherwise unnatural mist and ended up here in the middle of the road by no means of our own. We seek direction to the nearest village so we can gather our thoughts and understand our newly drawn fates.” **
(46823) Inetor: “Alas no but I endeavor to tred wherever evil needs smiting”
(46824) Bogdan Tihomir: “The Mists eh? Then that does seem to have some truth of what little you tell. The dark mists of these lands bring strange folk from time to time.”
- (46824) Bogdan Tihomir puts away his weapon **
(46809) Rudolph Van Richten: (( The shifter thinks to himself that if this man has been put on guard by his appearance, perhaps he should obscure himself with a cloak or hood. ))
(46824) Bogdan Tihomir: “I shall sheathe my Flail for now, as I am no fool to face a party that outnumbers me and not looking for conflict.”
- (46812) Dreadscar pulls the cloak over his face. **
(46824) Bogdan Tihomir: “Kord worshiper eh. A name I now vaguely recognize. A god worshiped by those folk in Darkon I hear. Something to do with strength as far as I remember.”
- (46812) Dreadscar emblazoned upon his Scale armor is a Flaming Sword. the symbol given to Warriors of Tempus. **
(46809) Rudolph Van Richten: You don’t seem to be too dangerous, besat. And I have not known a lycanthrope to remain so calm…
(46824) Bogdan Tihomir: “Still you don’t look like you’re from Darkon either.”
(46809) Rudolph Van Richten: *beast
- (46817) Mortikai laughed proudly. “The Almighty Kord. Lord of Battle. Rager of Storms. That is who I seek equality with. However I am but a grain of sand compared to his vast beach.” **
(46812) Dreadscar: " all I ask is when Battle comes to stay far away, because the Power of Tempus takes me."
(46809) Rudolph Van Richten: (( don’t worry about minis, we will be moving from here soon ))
(46824) Bogdan Tihomir: “Perhaps I will introduce myself. I am Bogdan Tihomir, warrior priest of the Morninglord.”
(46809) Rudolph Van Richten: “And I am Dr Rudolph Van Richten”
- (46817) Mortikai inclined his head at the introduction. He then clenched a fist and placed the mighty mit over his chest in a small non-military salute. “I am Mortikai, Warden of Kord.” **
(46812) Dreadscar: " well met, Sir Bogdan and Sir Rudolph."
- (46817) Mortikai stepped aside so the others could introduce themselves. **
(46824) Bogdan Tihomir: “I find it strange that you speak the tongue of Nova Vassa but are not from such lands. Where do you hail from?”
- (46812) Dreadscar raises his fist and pounds his chest. " I am Dreadscar, Slayer of Tempus." **
- (46823) Inetor raises to his full 6 foot stature and adjusts his plate mail armor with his helmet in his hands he introduces himself " I am Inetor the Just Paladin of Torm at your service" **
- (46809) Rudolph Van Richten realizes that he has just introduced himself to people that can’t even understand his speech **
- (46817) Mortikai simply blinked at the other individual. “I can’t understand him…” **
(46809) Rudolph Van Richten: “Bogdan, we should leave. Do you think we should give them a ride?”
- (46817) Mortikai apparently may need to duck getting into the vehicle. "Will this carriage, should you allow us passage, be able to compensate for my stature and weight. “Mortikai comically is about as tall…if not taller than the carriage itself.” **
(46824) Bogdan Tihomir: In Bavorian “We should escort them to the village, but we lack the space to hold them all my friend. But they seem sturdy enough to follow us.”
- (46824) Bogdan Tihomir looks to the group **
(46823) Inetor: ’indeed I will run along side like my days as a squire"
(46824) Bogdan Tihomir: “Currently we head to the Village of Bavoria. It would be a good idea for you to follow us, for these lands hold many dangers, especially after sundown.”
- (46812) Dreadscar walks beside the carriage. **
- (46809) Rudolph Van Richten speaks in Bavorian "Ok, they can follow. But I want that “thing” to ride in here with us, so we can keep an eye on it" **
- (46824) Bogdan Tihomir says to Rudolph in Bavorian, “But would you want to keep a beast like that at arm’s reach where he could strike. It might be best to keep him outside the carriage so we can best be prepared in case he goes into a rage.” **
(46817) Mortikai: “I will walk alongside the carriage. Inetor do you wish to hold the right or left flank?” He crossed his arms and stepped away motioning towards the Drow."
(46823) Inetor: "I can go left " he bow to Mortikai
(46823) Inetor: bows
- (46809) Rudolph Van Richten speaks in Bavorian “Maybe those others could watch it. They don’t seem to know each other” **
- (46808) Xador watched as the others introduced themselves as he was lost in his own mind. Stepping beside the men once more as they were greeting **
- (46812) Dreadscar looks at the men talking and wonders what they are talking about and why they are pointing and looking at him. **
- (46824) Bogdan Tihomir looks to the others **
- (46817) Mortikai inclined his head. “May Kord watch over our blades…” He then looked to Dreadscar. “You seemed troubled…” **
- (46809) Rudolph Van Richten happens to be pointing with his dagger, not in a threatening way, but he still has it in hand. **
- (46809) Rudolph Van Richten speaks in Bavorian “Can you ask them?” **
(46824) Bogdan Tihomir: "You may follow along, but I ask you keep the “Longtooth” under your eye. We are still undecided if he is as calm as he appears to be. Many a Bavorian have lost their lives by dropping their guard in the presence of a were-beast."
(46812) Dreadscar: " well I am very suspicious of those men and there contempt and distrust of me, In all my years of living and growing up in Sharn, I was never treated in this way."
(46809) Rudolph Van Richten: (( Break in about 20 minutes ))
(46823) Inetor: “You have my sympathy Dreadscar I am used to ridicule and scorn, my ancestors were mistrusted and rightly so”
- (46817) Mortikai crossed his arms as both Bogdan’s words and Dreadscar’s concerns crossed into his ears and mixed in his brain. There he thought for but a moment and first addressed Dreadscar. “Walk with me Dreadscar. I have my own feelings about the one I can’t understand, and as such would prefer to keep you out of his clutches based off his recent implications towards you.” **
- (46824) Bogdan Tihomir nods “Very well. Follow closely then, we should reach the village soon. The Blood on the Vine tavern should have rooms for you to rest for the night.” **
- (46812) Dreadscar walks beside Mortikai, keeping his hand on his Axe in case an ambush or a battle is laid before them. **
(46812) Dreadscar: " I have heard of your ancestors Inetor, they were cruel and sadistic and have massacred many, I do not get those qualities from you."
- (46817) Mortikai nodded close. “I hope the wenches are primed. For if battle is to not give us glory. I shall take glory over the beast with two backs.” He laughed heartily. Not as deep as a dwarven tavern hoot, but baritone’d enough. **
(46823) Inetor: "I have chosen to walk a different path and believe we should be judged on our own actions, not those of our kind
- (46812) Dreadscar laughs **
- (46817) Mortikai nodded to those scorned by history. “I have chosen to walk the path of my ancestors, a mighty race of warrior who love the heat of battle and the passion of a clash.” **
(46825) Calchexas (enter): 10:02
- (46823) Inetor salutes to Mortikai to the heat of battle and the passion of the clash" **
(46808) Xador: (not knowing where he is. assumes he is walking)
- (46812) Dreadscar begins to hum a tune that was sung before every battle. it was a hymn to Tempus. it asked him to grant them glory and honor on the field of battle. **
- (46808) Xador agrees with Inetor and Mortikai **
(46824) Bogdan Tihomir: “Once we arrive at the village it, you should not cause a stir. There are people there who are not as tolerent as myself when it comes to strangers from other lands. Once we are safely inside, we shall talk further on where you currently are.”
(46812) Dreadscar: (( are you calling me it))
(46809) Rudolph Van Richten: (( lol ))
(46824) Bogdan Tihomir: (No, he was saying it as a general term)
(46809) Rudolph Van Richten:
As you approach the villiage a farmhouse comes into view. Smoke is rising from the farmhouse and is has been burned to the ground. The furnishings are scattered around it, and the bodies of a woman and two children lie in the mud. A thin, dark haired man sits on a broken stool, his face in his hands, sobbing.
- (46824) Bogdan Tihomir puts away his weapon **
- (46812) Dreadscar nods and goes back to the tune he was humming. **
- (46817) Mortikai glances slowly. “Wait…I think that family was just attacked.” **
- (46812) Dreadscar stops humming as he sees the atrocity before him and wants to go and ask what has happened but is afraid his visage would scare the land owner. **
whispering to Calchexas, I will be posting this on the site, if you want to read through it later
- (46824) Bogdan Tihomir looks to Van Richen and says in Bavorian, “What could have set such a fire. Likey bandits, as no mere beast does this kind of arson.” **
- (46808) Xador watched from afar in his military weaponry and armor, moving up to the man sobbing, wondering who would come with him. **
- (46809) Rudolph Van Richten pulls the carriage to a stop near the farmer **
- (46823) Inetor dons his helmet covering his face **
- (46824) Bogdan Tihomir gets out the carrage and says, “Stand back, he will respond better if I am to approach.” **
- (46817) Mortikai stands aside the door where Rudoph would speak. **
- (46817) Mortikai nods. “Be my guest.” **
- (46812) Dreadscar stays back aways from the farmer. **
- (46824) Bogdan Tihomir looks to the farmer and says in Bavorian, “Your loss saddens me comrade. Tell me, who is responsible for this sacralige of your farmstead?” **
(46824) Bogdan Tihomir: Diplomacy [1d20+5] => [12,5] = (17)
(46809) Rudolph Van Richten:
The farmer speaks with the Dr and Bogdan. “Those accursed Vistani did this!” the man cries. "A few days ago, they set up camp in these parts. At first they were friendly. But then I learned that they were stealing my chickens, and I gave a severe thrashing to the one boy I managed to capture. This morning, while I was working in the fields, his tribe took their revenge. They killed my wife and daughters…and they stole my son! A curse upon the Gojanovic tribe! They are all thieves and murderers all!
Bogdan Tihomir: “Once we arrive at the village it, you should not cause a stir. There are people there who are not as tolerent as myself when it comes to strangers from other lands. Once we are safely inside, we shall talk further on where you currently are.”